The Enchantment of the World is the Truth of its Existence

Monday, March 15, 2010

Sadness and Joy


I received word today that Jay King, known as The Pious Subdeacon Eremya, of the Antiochian Catholic Church in America, has fallen asleep in the Lord after a lengthy illness.


I want to remember him here because he touched my heart from the moment I met him.

He was indeed pious and a kindly, loving and humble soul.


Our first meeting was at the ACCA Convocation in 2007 and when we were preparing to leave I heard him running up from behind saying, "Oh no you don't! You are not getting away from here without me getting a chance to kiss your ring again!" The hug I got from him after that was far more valuable to me than the ring-kissing.


I was blessed to attend the Convocation again in 2009 and Eremya and I talked again. I had to excuse myself from him for a moment but then he called me back and said, "I need another hug from you before I have to go."


Eremya, we know you had to go and we are sad because we miss you, but where you have gone we hope to follow and there is great joy in that Hope.


Please remember us as we remember you.

Please pray for us.

Please pray for such a sinner as me.



+++

2 comments:

  1. A very touching remembrance of a simple heart. I know his family will miss him deeply, as will all who came to know him well; but, as I mentioned on Avva Greg's blog, Earth's loss is heaven's gain.

    Pax,
    Rob+

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father Rob,

    Thanks so much for visiting and for your kind comments.

    PAX

    ReplyDelete